SHRI KRISHNASWAMY GROUP OF SCHOOLS [SKGS] located in Chennai, founded in the year 1964 by Thiru Amarar. M.A. Krishnaswamy. With just a handful of 17 students started at Nungambakkam in the year 1964, the school has now 5 branches with the students strength of 5000 guided by the trained qualified teachers of 300. SKGS has completed 55 years in providing quality educational service to the people of Chennai. It is an coeducational institution follows the Matriculation system with the medium of instruction being English.
The school enjoys great reputation among schools in Chennai for its value based approach to education, caters to the needs of all strata of society. The school believes in the all round development of the child. The school focus on sustainable development, self –reliance and social empowerment. SKGS is committed to make a positive environment and focused towards gaining knowledge, health, sports for development, Arts, Culture and Heritage. Our mission is to impart value oriented quality education with emphasis on National integration to develop children as good human beings with well rounded personality and scientific approach.
- Sunrise in our school logo is a symbol of awakening, hope, the beginning of a new day and chance for happiness and improvement.
- Light symbolizes the knowledge, removal of darkness and ignorance. Knowledge is a lasting inner wealth by which all outer achievement can be accomplished.
- Books are symbols of learning and of knowledge. Open book represents the book of life and learning we look to the future.
- Pink Lotus in the logo symbolizes the purity and devotion. Knowledge should lead to Purity of body, speech and mind.Lotus flowers blossom on long stalks denotes the attachment and desire.
- The motto ”KNOWLEDGE IS POWER” means that knowledge is more powerful than physical strength and no great work can be done without knowledge.